|Likes||Piano, Singing, Cats|
|Relatives||Keisuke Sakai (Father)
Mahiru Sakai (Mother)
|Anime Debut||Episode 1|
|Manga Debut||Chapter 1|
Wakana Sakai (坂井 和奏, Sakai Wakana) is one of the main characters of Tari Tari series. She is part of the "Choir and Sometimes Badminton Club".
Wakana is a beautiful fair-skinned young girl with black hair that is usually tied up into a high ponytail and brown eyes. She also bears a striking resemblance to Mahiru Sakai (Wakana's mother), but the only slight difference between Mahiru and Wakana is the bangs that drape on their foreheads and their hair length:
- Wakana has multiple strands and slightly shorter hair
- Mahiru has a straight square bangs and slightly longer hair
As Wakana was a music student previously, her school uniform is a white blouse, blue ribbon, blue dress, navy socks with two white stripes and brown shoes.
Wakana is a serious and down-to-earth person, who is always trying to be reasonable with everything. She sometimes can't say no to someone's pleading.
Despite the fact that Wakana is apparently very good at singing, she refuses to do so to the point of turning down Konatsu Miyamoto's earlier attempts to recruit her into Konatsu's new choir club.
A few years ago, Mahiru Sakai (Wakana's mother) passed away when Wakana was a child.
When Wakana was in her last year of middle school, she was too focused on her exams and tended to lash out her emotions to her mother. At that time, she didn't know that her mother was sick. She now lives with regret for being unable to say "I'm going", "sorry", and "thank you" to her mother. She asked her father "Why didn't mother told me about that she was sick?" After she heard her father explain why, Wakana ran to her room crying about the piano that she told her father to throw it out has her mother's handmade keychain that was made for her. Ever since, Wakana seems to have found her resolution, and finally joins the choir club. Wakana had also finished the song that her mother had started to remove her regret of turning down her request to write a song together. Mahiru Sakai (Wakana's mother) and Wakana's song is entitled Radiant Melody and Wakana becomes the Pink WestStop Ranger as well.
Keisuke is Wakana's father.
Mahiru is Wakana's mother.
- The name Wakana means "harmony" (和) (wa) and "play music, complete" (奏) (kana).
- Wakana's surname Sakai means "slope" (坂) (saka) and "well" (井) (i).
- Wakana loves cats and cakes.
- Wakana lives with Keisuke Sakai (Wakana's father) and Dora (Wakana's pet cat).
- Even though Wakana is a serious person, she was once called as an 'unexpected airhead' (dark horse tennen) by Konatsu Miyamoto due to her explanation about types of dogeza. (from BD vol 1 character commentary)
- Other notable characters Ayahi Takagaki (Wakana's seiyū) had voiced like: